We’re seeking a dynamic and experienced Telecom Engineer who has excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to be a part of our growing IT Team. This individual will be responsible for the design, installation, configuration and support of our Access Network, from the CPE side to the BRAS. He will architect, plan, configure, troubleshoot and administer a variety of network equipment and technology including: Huawei MA5600 DSLAM/MSAN Series, Cisco Switches, Traffic shaper and other transmission equipment. He will interact with the transmission carrier provider to design and implement the best transmission plan. He will also monitor the health of the network while making recommendations on how to improve the service to the customer.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- You plan, design, dimension and deploy the DSL Access Network.
- You will manage transmission between the DSLAM/MSAN and the NOC,
- You will identify, assess and find solution to the various technical problems.
- You will anticipate problems in services and equipment and be ready with solutions even before problems occur.
- You must be able to promptly work in emergencies and quickly handle disruptions of service.
- You must be aware of government and company standards and procedures and apply or follow them accordingly.
- You will have regular engagements with vendors and partners to review and address all the operational issues and requirements.
Skills and qualification
Essential requirement :
- Degree in telecommunication, electronic or mechanical engineering + experience
in transmission field.
- Experience in transmission technique and optical equipment (SDH, PDH, Ethernet).
- Advanced knowledge in switching (VLAN, STP).
- Solid knowledge of DSL access techniques (modulation, filtering).
- Willing to learn and develop new skills..
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- ‘Can do’ attitude.
- Co-operate with other teams
Desirable requirement :
- Knowledge of Huawei DSLAM/MSAN series.
- Solid knowledge of TCP/IP and other routing protocols.
- Knowledge about MPLS architecture and Ethernet MAN.
- Good self-awareness. Actively seeks out tasks that help develop skills and
- Actively seeks ways of improving existing systems and processes.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to problem solving.
- Reporting skills.
Where & Starting Salary:
- Commensurate with experience and skills.