We’re seeking a dynamic System Administrator who has excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to be part of our growing IT Team. With team partners, this individual will be responsible for the management and maintenance of the enterprise Operating System and services environment. He will design, plan, configure, troubleshoot and administer a variety of OS (Linux and Windows) that host several services such as Radius, DB, Web Servers, ACS, Desktop Virtualisation, Active Directory and others. All OS are hosted in a VMware virtualisation environment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure the control and integrity of the OS and associated subsystems
- Provide system-level support of multi-user OS, Hardware and Software tools, including installation, configuration, maintenance and support.
- Ensure proper initial installation as well as subsequent installations of updates/patches.
- Perform regular checks of system components for errors and application of necessary corrective action.
- Design, build, administer, maintain and troubleshoot entire OS environment.
- Ensure system and computer resource optimisation through continuous investigation and alternatives proposals.
- Provide technical support to internal and external users.
- Troubleshoot problems and take corrective action on a timely and effective basis
- Able to promptly work in emergencies and quickly handle disruptions of service.
Skills and qualification
Essential requirement :
- Engineering degree in computer scienceor equivalent + experience in management of OS
- Proven deployment and support of high availability Linux and Windows enterprise
servers. Solid knowledge of the Blade Servers technology.
- Proven experience in creating andtroubleshooting enterprise services with advanced understanding of the complex interaction between Applications, OS, Network Protocols and Client configuration.
- Expertise in hardening, testing and monitoring systems against possible security threats.
- Willing to learn and develop new skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- ‘Can do’ attitude.
- Co-operate with other teams
Desirable requirement :
- Knowledge of VMware ESX Operating System. ESX Server, Vsphere and Vcenter
- Knowledge of SAN storage environment and integration with VMware ESX.
- Experience or knowledge of the Cisco UCS blade servers and EMC storage system
- Experience in a ISP environment.
- Good self-awareness. Actively seeks out tasks that help develop skills and knowledge.s.
- Actively seeks ways of improving existing systems and processes..
- Flexible and adaptable approach to problem solving.
- Reporting skills.
Where & Starting Salary:
- Commensurate with experience and skills.