NOC ENGINEER (VIRTUALISATION)
We’re seeking a dynamic virtualisation engineer who has excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to be part of our growing IT Team. With team partners, this individual will be responsible for the management and maintenance of the enterprise Virtualisation environment (VMware VSphere technology, Cisco UCS blade servers and EMC Storage systems). He will participate in the design and maintenance of the enterprise virtualisation architecture and will manage, performance, capacity and continuity planning as well as troubleshooting.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure the control, integrity and accessibility of the VMware environment for the enterprise.
- Ensure utilisation of proper change management procedures regarding the installation and testing of all upgrades and enhancements for VMware infrastructure.
- Ensure proper initial installation as well as subsequent installations of updates/patches.
- Perform regular checks of system components for errors and application of necessary corrective action.
- Design, build, administer, maintain and troubleshoot complex VMware environments.
- Document, design and build VMware farms including but not limited to engineering designs and recommendations, deployment designs, system configurations, assembly guides and operational “run books.”
- Provide technical support to internal and external users.
- Troubleshoot problems and take corrective action on a timely and effective basis.
- Able to promptly work in emergencies and quickly handle disruptions of service.
Skills and qualification
Essential requirement :
- Engineering degree in computer science or equivalent + experience in virtualisation environment.
- Advanced knowledge of VMware ESX virtualisation Operating System, VSphere
- Experience with enterprise storage solutions. Advanced knowledge of SAN storage in Virtualisation environment.
- Engineer-level understanding of Networking principles, including trunking, routing and switching (CCNA preferred)
- Willing to learn and develop new skills..
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- ‘Can do’ attitude.
- Co-operate with other teams
Desirable requirement :
- VMware Certification (VCP) .
- Experience in ISP environment .
- Solid knowledge of Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Experience or good knowledge of Cisco UCS and EMC hardware architecture.
- Good self-awareness. Actively seeks out tasks that help develop skills and knowledge.
- Actively seeks ways of improving existing systems and processes.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to problem solving.
- Reporting skills.
Where & Starting Salary:
- Commensurate with experience and skills.