Noc Engineer (NETWORKING)
We’re seeking a dynamic Network Engineer who has excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to be a part of our growing IT Team. This individual will be responsible for the design, installation, configuration and support of Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, virtual private network (VPN) and VoIP equipment. He will architect, plan, configure, troubleshoot and administer a variety of network equipment and technology including; Cisco 3750 Series Switches, ASA Firewalls, Cisco ASR Routers and IP Telephony solution. He will also manage networking, routing, and firewall devices, analyse daily logs in order to maintain and strengthen the network security, and lead or assist on projects geared toward network expansion and technology upgrades.
Responsibilities and Duties: “Keep us running safe, and running well”
- You will collaborate with the team to perform network planning and design.
- You will install, support and configure Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, VOIP servers and the necessary security applications for entire organization.
- You will develop and maintain documentation related to the installation, administration, and maintenance of network infrastructure.
- You perform periodic health checks, syslog analysis and traffic utilization reports, which form the basis for future capacity planning and expansion.
- You are Responsible for on time troubleshooting and early resolution of the entire network related issues that affect the existing services or hamper the introduction of any new service.
- You will have regular engagements with vendors and partners to review and address all the operational issues and requirements.
Skills and qualification
Essential requirement :
- Degree in Computer Science or telecommunication + CCNA.
- Strong knowledge of IP backbone and advanced trouble shooting.
- Advanced knowledge in Cisco routers and Switches configuration (OSPF, BGP, VLAN,STP).
- Experience in Using Protocol Analysis tools to trouble-shoot all related issues in
the IP network.
- Willing to learn and develop new skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- ‘Can do’ attitude.
- Co-operate with other teams.
Desirable requirement :
- Experience in ISP core network CCIP or CCNP.
- Experience in optical transmission techniques (SDH,PDH…)
- Knowledge about MPLS VPN architecture
- Experience or knowledge in virtualized infrastructure (VSphere, Citrix).
- Good self-awareness. Actively seeks out tasks that help develop skills and knowledge.
- Actively seeks ways of improving existing systems and processes.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to problem solving.
- Reporting skills
Where & salary skills:
- This depends on experience and skills.