We’re seeking a dynamic Database Administrator who has excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to be part of our growing IT Team. With team partners, this individual primary job duties are building, maintaining, administering, and supporting databases. The DBA keeps our data secure by managing access, privileges and information migration. He is also responsible for installing and configuring DB management software, translating database design and diagnosing performance issues, all in a VMware virtualisation environment.
Responsibilities and Duties: “Keep us running safe, and running well”
- Design and document database architecture.
- Design Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence platform.
- Set up data sharing and disk partitioning. Develop DB utilities and automated reporting.
- Create shell scripts for task automation.
- Create, test and execute data management languages.
- Analyse, consolidate and tune database for optimal efficiency.
- Monitor systems and platforms for availability.
- Oversee backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover.
- Restore and recover corrupted databases. Install and test upgrades and patches.
- Troubleshoot problems and take corrective actions on a timely and effective basis.
- Implement security and encryption.
- Provide 24/7 support for critical situations.Able to promptly work in emergencies and quickly handle disruptions of service.
Skills and qualification
Essential requirement :
- Degree in computer science or equivalent & 12+ experience in DBA.
- Proven experience working in SAN, NAS storage environment.
- Experience synchronising database schemes in multiple environments.
- Understand and write complex SQL queries and develop stored procedures and triggers.
- Developing, managing and testing back up and recovery plans.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Willing to learn and develop new skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- ‘Can do’ attitude.
- Co-operate with other teams.
Desirable requirement :
- 24 + months experience in MS SQL Server, MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Knowledge of EMC storage environment and integration with VMware environment.
- Experience in a ISP environment.
- Good self-awareness. Actively seeks out tasks that help develop skills and knowledge.
- Actively seeks ways of improving existing systems and processes.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to problem solving.
- Reporting skills.
Where & Starting Salary:
- Commensurate with experience and skills.